Thursday, January 2, 2014

Make Mistakes

I read this in Parade Magazine's 14 New Year's Quotes to Inspire and More. It resonated with me and I hope it does the same for you. I'm so worried about being perfect and doing everything right. I stress all of the time about things I should have / could have / would have done differently. It's easy to forget that going outside of your comfort zone isn't for the fainthearted. You're going to hit snags and mess stuff up, but that's okay.

[Quote from Neil Gaiman]

I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. 

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world.
You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're *doing something*.
 Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art or love or work or family or life. Whatever it is you're scared of doing, do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...