Monday, May 19, 2014

13 Week Bumpdate

I'm not sure that I'll do a 'bumpdate' every week but I hope you won't mind if I do. I have a feeling that this time in our lives is something I'll want to look back on and I'll regret it every second if I don't start documenting the experience.

How far along: about 13.5 weeks today

Weight gain: down a ½ lb from pre-pregnancy weight according to my scale (down 5lbs if you're referring to the OB's scale)

Maternity clothes: None yet – everything still fits fine! I don't really think I'm showing. I tried the belly band this week, just because I felt like I had a bit of a muffin top. Halfway through the day I took it off because it is pretty annoying when you don’t have a belly yet. My sister-in-law and her sister gave me a TON of adorable maternity clothes so I’m just dying for my belly to pop so I can use them :)

Best Moment this Week? Joe and I have been so busy with work and the fixer-upper so it was SUCH a delight to take a break and snuggle on the couch all of Sunday afternoon. We even treated ourselves to some Rita’s ice and custard :)

Sleep:  I used to have a fairly ‘dreamless’ sleep and that’s not the case anymore… I fall asleep and wake up 10 minutes later and I feel like I already had one weird dream after another. I’ve also been getting headaches at night so it’s been fairly uncomfortable. I keep complaining to Joe that we need new pillows so I should probably just bite the bullet and get some.

Gender: I’m convinced we’re having a girl, but I’m concerned that it’s more of a desire than of a true intuition. The baby’s heart rate has been pretty high consistently (155, 165, and 163) soooo you never know!

Movement: I may regret this later, but I cannot wait to feel this sweet little baby inside of me.

Looking forward to: Our next appointment on the 10th… despite having the baby so close to me, I constantly feel like I miss him/her. I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat again

Food cravings: Fruit (preferably apples and watermelon), yogurt, and Power-C Vitamin Water.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Um, everything? The grocery store is my hell on Earth lately. Vegetables gross me out badly… especially avocados (just thinking about them makes me gag), salsa, seafood (which is crazy because it’s my favorite), and anything ooey-gooey or greasy. Pinterest recipes are not my friend as of late.

Labor Signs: If I had any right now, I think we’d be having some serious issues.

What I miss: Coffee. I miss it a lot. Like, A LOT a lot.

Symptoms: Headaches, stuffiness, dry skin, exhaustion…

Nursery: Finally removed just about all of the wallpaper from the soon-to-be nursery at the fixer-upper. Once we find out the gender (cannot wait until July), we will start work on the nursery... so, as of right now, we have nothing yet.

Belly button in or out? Innie all the way

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: Cranky (just because I’m sleepy) but generally, I think I'm really nice. Last weekend the nurse at the OB commented on how much she loves to deal with me because I'm always such a pleasure to talk to (thank you for the good manners, Nanny!)


Workouts: Quinn and I go for a morning stroll everyday and on the weekends we’ve been having 2 mile morning and afternoon walks. I’m looking forward to my energy returning so I can spend some time on my fabulous treadmill which has been neglected for two months. 


4 comments:

  1. So excited for you Jess! You post as many "updates" as you want, IMHO. As for new pillows, look into the "My Pillow". I am a pillow snob & have been so very happy & content w/ our new pillows! God Bless you on this Wonder-Filled journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chelle! And thank you for the suggestion... I just googled the heck out of My Pillow. I think I'll have to splurge! Sleep has never felt so absolutely necessary and I would do just about anything for a GOOD night's sleep.

      Delete
  2. Get yourself some comfy pillows! You will only get more uncomfortable. I had the snoogle pregnancy pillow that really helped once I started getting a belly and for sleeping on my side.
    Your tastes will change all throughout your pregancy. I went through a phase where I hated chicken and that was a staple in my diet previously. Love hearing your baby progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister in law just gifted me a great pregnancy pillow so I'm excited to use it once this belly comes in. And isn't it crazy how the littlest miracle can already change your life in the silliest ways? I'm pretty sure my tastebuds have reverted to those of a toddler's - I had string cheese, a gogurt, apple slices, and gold fish for lunch.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...