Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Washi Tape Bunting

Is it just me or is bunting everywhere? Don't get me wrong, I am DEFINITELY not complaining. Anything is ten times cuter when pennants are draped all over it: cards, cakes, entry ways, mugs, etc. I wanted to add a little whimsy to my sewing table and a mini bunting was just the touch my favorite frame needed.


Materials:
  • Washi tape in your favorite patterns or colors
  • Solid white paper
  • Embroidery floss in a coordinating color
  • 1" hole punch
  • Glue stick
  • Bone folder & Scoring Board
Directions:
  1. Apply the washi tape to the white paper in any pattern you'd like
  2. Punch out circles
  3. Using the bone folder and scoring board, score each circle down the center
  4. Fold the circles with the washi pattern on the outside and smear the glue across the inside
  5. Wrap the circles around the embroidery floss and press closed
  6. Decorate the accessories of your choice for a detail that is sure to impress

Yep, it's really that easy. Shocking, I know. In less than 10 minutes you'll have an adorable accent for your favorite things. You could use printed paper if you aren't a fan of washi tape (GASP!), but I adore my stash a bit too much to not utilize it in every way possible.



If you like what you see, you should consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect for other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes that are sure to tickle your fancy.


14 comments:

  1. This is too cute! Visiting from the link up - love this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for sharing! We would love to have you link up some of your projects over at our party!

    http://baked-inthesouth.blogspot.com/2012/07/made-it-by-monday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I leave work today I'm checking out your link party! I love *anything* from the South. Thank you so much for the invite.

      Delete
  3. This is the cutest project! I could see bunting embellishing so many things!
    Thanks for sharing this great DYI with us at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. I would love to invite you to share this on Saturday Show and Tell. My readers would love this and some of the other posts on your blog. Come join us at http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-20 Thanks and have a great weekend.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invite! I would be delighted to join in on your party.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of those things where it's so simple, it's perfect.

      Delete
  6. This is adorable! What a fun twist on the bunting craze :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the slight girliness that a bit of bunting can bring to a room.

      Delete
  7. Cute, cute, idea!! Love your take on bunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it might be fun to try a rounded bunting versus the pennants that you normally see (even though, I might actually prefer them now haha).

      Delete
  8. Hi Jess! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I really appreciate your sweet comments. You have such a cute blog with a lot of great ideas. I love your bunting idea. I just purchased my first roll of washi tape, so excited use it.

    PS. Your email shows as a no reply blogger. Which basically means if you leave a comment I can not respond to you through email. To change this, go to your blogger dashboard, click "edit user profile", then check "show my email address" and save!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...