Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Home Sweet Home | Personalized Printable

So, it's been a whole month since my last post. I hope you missed me <3 

My summer has been a whirlwind and I've stayed quite busy at the office.The Labor Day Weekend has been the perfect time to just fall back on the couch and relax with the Mr. and our furbabies. 

Home. Sweet. Home. Home sweet home, indeed! 


Sureee. I get it. You're like, "but Jess, my gorgeous family and home were not established in 2011 -- but thanks anyway." I made this print in keeping with the idea that you could and SHOULD personalize it for your own family. 

Here's how:

Download one of the 5 color options:


2. In PhotoShop or, your favorite free online photo editing site (here, I'm illustrating the process with the good ole standby PicMonkey), open the photo. 

3. In the "Frames" section, I selected "Simple Edge" and made the outer color non-existent and the inner color white (same as the background) and the full thickness of 100. I also added a caption space at the max of  374 and hit "Apply"


4. Next, I went to "Basic Edits" to crop my canvas to the size I needed for the particular frame I was using, which happened to be 8x10


5. Now that it was cropped and I knew what space I had to work with, I was able to add text to personalize the print. I selected a color as similar to the house color as possible and used one of my fave fonts RNS Camelia to write "established 2011." You could use your last name or your street address too!


6. When you're all finished personalizing it, save it to your computer and print it out! I purposely made the file size HUGE so you wouldn't have to worry about any pixelization when you printed a larger 8x10 or 11x14. 

What you end up with is a personalized piece of art that would be the perfect addition to your gallery wall -- or, if you're like me, the gallery wall you've been dreaming about for the past two years, haha. 


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We still don't have any art on the wall, but I will definitely have to think about something soon.

    Glad to have you back on the blog! xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...