Thursday, March 21, 2013

Paper Source Knock-off: Watercolor Stripes Stationery

I came across these gorgeous watercolor letterpress cards at Paper Source a few weeks ago and kept going back to add them to my mental "must buy" list. I just couldn't justify $24.95 for SIX note cards. Instead I turned to the craft store and got a high quality letterpress cardstock set on clearance for $2.99 (enough for 12!) and made my own.



You can make these in any color you want and all you need is some high quality paper, a good flat shading brush, and watercolors. Yep, just paint some straight-ish lines across the paper and let them dry. Could this tutorial be any easier? I think not.


When you're done, you can have ones that look like this:

Or you can add water gradually and do a pretty ombre effect!

To coordinate the envelopes, I did end up doing a diagonal stripe across a corner. And with that, you have a set of fantastic hand-painted stationary for a fraction of the original price. Gotta love that!


So, I have to ask -- what is the easiest knock-off you ever did? Links are most definitely welcome! I'd love to see :)

I'm linking to:

10 comments:

  1. I think these are so pretty and such a good idea to DIY. Love them and pinning them. Thank you so much for sharing this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so grat - easy to make and still very stylish. I could imagine they might also be a great project you can do with kids! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I would be tempted to do a bit of a grid or plaid effect too :)
    - Time Stand Still

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so pretty!! I did polka dot ones too :)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! And they look fantastic, anyone would be thrilled to receive a note on them. How easy they are, too.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and a great reason to dust off my watercolour set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess
    These are so pretty! And I love to paper craft so I have the supplies. Thankfully, you drew something easy that I could actually replicate! LOL!
    I'm visiting you today from Nifty Thrifty. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Medicine Cabinet Makeover

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so simple and beautiful! And I love the coordinating envelope idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!
    Buttons
    The Hot Toddies of Washington

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I love the ombre effect! http://pinkgerberdaisies-kady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! Very pretty! I like the simplicity of them - I think I might even be able to handle this watercolor project! I would love it if you dropped by and linked this up at Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life http://www.ajennuinelife.com/2013/04/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-15.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...