Sunday, December 23, 2012

Our Christmas Party Spread

Tonight we will be having 30+ of our closest friends and family over for a holiday shindig and I could not be more excited. I'm a little stressed too but I can't help it... we haven't had people over since our rehearsal BBQ last year... geez! I thought that sharing our menu for the night would be an ideal second to last post of The 25 Projects of Christmas




The Very Merry Mauras Christmas Party Spread will include:

Shrimp with Homemade Cocktail Sauce

Cheesy Champagne Fondue from yours truly

Cherry Cheesecake Dip via Chameleon Girls

Almond Slivers via Cocalores

Funeral Sandwiches via Sunday Baker

Crock Pot Hot Chocolate via Sugar Plum (I'll be showing how I adapted this recipe for a future post!)

Christmas Tree Veggie & Cheese Platter via Beauty & Bedlam

Swiss Almond Cheese Ball via RecipeTips

Grinchy Guacamole, Queso & Red/Green Corn Chips


Sugar & Spice Pecans from yours truly

an assortment of homemade cookies (chocolate chip, gingerbread, etc)

Chocolate Toffee Bark via Chocolate and Carrots

Coquito from yours truly

And the single most scrumptious will be... drum roll please... our MASHED POTATO BAR. Yep! Complete with sour cream, gravy, cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, etc. Yum yum. 

My neighbor is making one of her devilishly delicious cupcake recipes and BFF is bringing cute santa hat treats and peppermint marshmallow hot chocolate stirrers. Everyone else is bringing a goody as well so I'm really looking forward to pigging out :)

I'll try to get some pictures before everything's been gobbled up but no promises!

If you liked this project, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

I'm linking to:

3 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure about me and the mashed potato bar (it's leaving me a bit confused ;-) but for all the rest I'll be there! =)

    Hope you guys are having a blast, and I really hope that all of your guests' pants will still fit tomorrow ;-)

    Wish you all the best for Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, everything sounds so delicious!
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome arrangements! I really like all the things you have including in this post! Christmas Parties in London

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...