Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bejeweled Bar Pendant Necklace

I had mentioned here and here that I'm expanding my crafting horizons and venturing into jewelry making. For my birthday, I received all of the tools I'd need to start working with wire pieces (thanks, honey!) and a gift card to a specialty bead store from my amazing coworkers. Since I have no experience with this stuff, I decided to take it easy and create something simple. In less than thirty minutes I had this great bar pendant necklace and I couldn't be more excited to wear the heck out of it.



It's so delicate and with just a slight pop of color, it's the perfect understated accessory. I think it's fantastic on its own, but would be super cute layered with a bunch of other necklaces. 


Now let's take a look at how this was put together...

Materials:
  • one chain (mine is 18 inches)
  • one eye pin (2 inches)
  • about 25 seed beads
  • round nose & chain nose pliers
Instructions:
  1. Find the center of your chain and remove the center link
  2. Attach the closed end of your eye pin to one end of the chain (open and close the eye with your chain nose pliers)
  3. Slide beads onto the pin until you have about 1/2 an inch left
  4. Using your round nose pliers, bend the pin to create a second eye
  5. Attach this end to the other piece of chain using your chain nose pliers and that's that!
Step back and enjoy your handiwork!




Isn't it pretty? Please say yes! If you don't, I'll be shattered. Tee-hee! A bit of a glass bead pun :-p


If you'd like to tag along for my future adventures, you should consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect for other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes. Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

I'm linking to:

4 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! I have always been fascinated by all of the jewelry pieces in craft stores but have never attempted making any. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And it doesn't seem too hard to make - maybe I'll try it too. That would solve the problem of having matching jewellery to my favorite clothes! Thanks for sharing! xo Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this!! I want to get into jewelry making so bad, but I have no idea where to start! Thanks for the tutorial! New follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that this is so simple and yet so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...