Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream

I'm about to throw myself under the bus for a second. I've been slacking on the "spoon" aspect of Spool and Spoon for awhile. The last recipe I posted was three weeks ago! Whoopsie! I try to cook creatively but lately the meals have been pretty ordinary in our household. That's all over now though. Hopefully, you'll forgive me after you try this latest treat. Fingers-crossed!

My mother-in-law makes a ricotta cake and serves it with a fluffy chocolate "mousse" topping. While I love it all on its own, I have a slight obsession with frozen goodness... okay okay, slight might be an understatement. I wanted to push the mousse a bit further on the scale of dessert deliciousness and turn it into ice cream. I scream, you scream, we all scream for Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream. Mmhmmm.


Ingredients:
I used fat free whipped topping, fat free milk, and fat free pudding mix to keep it light... well, relatively light haha.

Instructions:




After all of that, you are done! It's rich, creamy, and super delicious. The best part? You can use ANY pudding flavor you want so that really opens up the possibilities.




Even more is that while the ice cream melts, it still retains the light texture of the mousse. Two desserts in one? Now that's a real win-win over here. Go make yourself a batch, grab your sunglasses and a glass of red wine, and lounge on the patio with a heaping cup-full!

If you like what you see, you should consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect for other mouth-watering recipes and fun projects that will tickle your fancy.

I'm linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Mmmh, ice-cream! Have to try that, too =) Love your blog - so many great ideas! - and I'm a new follower now!
    - xo Anja @ cocalores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you are following from overseas. It makes me feel so special. It's crazy how many great ideas I've already gathered from your blog. Love it! x

      Delete
  2. I love making homemade ice cream and I usually do mine sans ice cream maker machine :) This sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you say that because I registered for a super duper fancy ice cream maker when we were getting married and I was SO excited to get it. My husband, not so much. He thought I would never use it. And he's almost right; for as much as I love ice cream, it's so much easier to make popsicles or something of the like.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...