Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Navy, Gray, and Aqua Woodland Nursery Inspiration

It's crazy how real everything gets when the gender has been revealed, kicks can be felt, and a name has been chosen. It's refreshing that our little guy finally has an identity. Joe and I are loving this stage and cannot wait for the next couple of months to fly by. Before he makes his grand arrival, we need to kick things into high gear over at the fixer-upper.

I was finally able to make a legitimate determination on the nursery. Here's what we're thinking:

PHOTO INSPIRATION:
Be prepared to swoon! Please note that I don't want all of these exact items, most are just photos from the web for DIY inspiration and can be found on my nursery Pinterest board.


MUST HAVE DECOR:
To Buy:
Wooden Mobile (I'm torn between the feathers and trees): The Red Bird Shop
Eddie Bauer Chair and a Half Rocker (be still my heart!): Target
Fillmore Crib: Pottery Barn Kids
Madame Aviary Throw Pillow: Land of Nod
Moose Head Hook: Zulily
Gray Surya Fallon Rug: Plush Rugs
Various Prints: Etsy
Basic white and gray sheet sets: Target
Kinderkram Woodland Friends Set: Blueberry Forest Toys

To DIY:
Stamped throw pillow
White dream catcher
Wood slice art
Clipboard gallery wall
Two-tone dresser & changing table
Rustic garland (either pinecones or felt leaves)
Chalkboard globe
Quilt and afghan

COLOR SCHEME:
Navy walls: Behr Marquee Opera Glasses
White board and batten: Benjamin Moore White Dove
Window treatments: Ikea Marmorblad Curtains & Ikea Emmie Roll-up Blind
Hardwood flooring - Minwax Wood Finish in Dark Walnut
Wood accents of varying tones
White & Gray upholstery
Aqua and navy touches here and there


Tell me, what do you think? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the color scheme and theme - it's not much of a traditional match but does it work? I'm hopeful this will be a room he'll be able to grow into rather than solely being a nursery.

I'm linking to:

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Seriously. Can't wait to get into our fixer and do up our little's room right! I'm in serious like with that Navy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel!! You'd be surprised at how long it took me to convince my blue-loving husband to side with me on the navy. It's dramatic for sure, but it's the perfect color (I'm only a little biased haha)

      Delete
  2. I love the colors and the theme! That's something I also considered for my boys (I chose white, blues, and grey, so it turned out pretty similar). Can't wait to see how it'll turn out! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anja, great minds think alike! I sincerely hope you'll be doing a nursery tour. I'd love to see what you dreamed up!

      Delete
  3. Hi I love those colors!!!! I just want to know besides the white dove and navy blue what is the name of those other colors please thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I love these colors I was just wondering what are the other colors swatches besides the navy and white and hardwood floor

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...