Tuesday, July 15, 2014

21 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 21 weeks, 5 days today
Yikes - my cell phone failed me in this photo!

Weight gain: Somehow I avoided a scale altogether this week, but at my appointment on Tuesday, I was at an overall gain of 2lbs

Maternity clothes: Still wearing my regular clothes primarily but with the occasional addition of a maternity shirt I feel a tad more pulled together. I also hope that it makes it more obvious that I'm pregnant and not just chubby. Joe has been awfully sweet lately and on our way to breakfast on Saturday he commented on how great I look for being over halfway through. He's a keeper :)

Best Moment this Week? This weekend in its entirety was definitely the best 'moment' of the week - Joe and I spent a ton of time together and accomplished so much at the fixer upper. Joe's dad got the central air to work so that was a huge plus considering we have had ungodly heat and humidity the past few weeks. We  also decided on a paint color for the main living area (dining room, hallways, and living room) and holy moly, what a transformation! Take a peek on Instagram. It's so exciting to see this turning into our home.

Sleep: This has been the first week that sleep has been anything but extraordinary. I'm not sure if it's the humidity in the air or what, but I've been tossing and turning a lot. I've also been having really realistic dreams that I wouldn't necessarily call nightmares, but they're stressful. When I wake up, I feel as though I never had a chance to relax. 

Gender: Boy, boy, BOY! It's crazy how insanely fast you can fall in love with a new vision of your child. Sure, I still miss the idea of frilly clothes but the thought that I'll have a little guy in a few months is nothing short of exhilarating. We cannot wait to meet him.

Movement: I feel him move a couple times throughout the day, and while I may come to regret this, I wish it was more often and a bit more defined. 

Looking forward to: Completing our baby registry. I had every intention for us to go this past weekend but it was better for us to get things done at the house instead. This weekend I'm hoping we can get out there and check out all of the cool stuff available.

Food cravings: Nothing new. I'm still very much on a fruit kick and could probably eat an orchards worth of peaches if given the opportunity. I'm trying to expand my pallet though - I read an article about how the amniotic fluid changes in taste based on the food I eat (I'd hate to know how they know this...) and studies have proven that babies exposed to foods in utero are more readily accepting of those foods. So far, J is going to be obsessive about fruit like his Mama. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I can't remember anything specific this past week and honestly, I haven't had much indigestion or heartburn either so I have nothing to complain about.

Labor Signs: Nothing, thankfully.

What I miss: Oh geez... Sugar Free Red Bull of all things. Joe had one on Saturday and I was crazy enough to ask if I could take a swig, swish it around in my mouth, and spit it out. He laughed. I cried a little on the inside haha. I ended up taking a sniff and letting it go at that. 

Symptoms: I'm in no way, shape, or form (very literally on those last two) 'very' pregnant at this point but I've been having a HARD time getting up. I noticed it last week when I find myself having to kind of roll to my side to pull myself up into a sitting position from laying down. It's just as difficult if I'm in a lounging position on the couch. Joe thinks it's adorable, I think it's just plain weird considering it's only going to get worse in the coming months. Physical exertion is also taking a toll on me - while I have a ton of energy to get things down, I also tend to get sore very easily. After painting on Saturday and Sunday (with a fantastic mask on, of course), I spent each of those nights barely able to move.

Nursery: Eep! We picked out a color and I primed on Sunday. It's been really fun getting to use J's name when Joe and I are talking about our plans for his room. I'm really thankful to everyone we know because our friends and family have been SO generous - we have a bassinet and pack 'n' play for him, vintage dressers to refinish, and a gorgeous crib that three of my favorite children used. I'll be sharing an update on the current status of the room as well as my plans later this week!

Belly button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: Emotional with a capital E. EVERYTHING makes me cry. I think I have probably cried at least once each day since last week. Little things, big things, non-existent things -- it doesn't matter. If it's remotely stress inducing, sad, or overwhelming, rest assured that my eyes will well up and I'll be a blubbering mess. 

Workouts: Pilates! I used to be religious about pilates every week with my bff but somehow fell off the boat. Finally I told myself that it was about time I got back to it. I had my first class back this week and it was exactly what I needed. I'll be continuing for the rest of the pregnancy without fail.




6 comments:

  1. Yeah for bumpdates! Sorry you're feeling the largeness already....it does only get worse...but it will be worth it! I'll hopefully be meeting our little guy in the next 10 days or so.

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you! Every day I check to see if he made an early arrival :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, YEAH for BumpDates!! SO glad to know you're doing well & going to Pilates. You will be very thankful for this decision later! I had not heard about the flavor of the amniotic fluid but that just may be why, even though my daughter ate frozen peas as a baby, she will NOT eat them now as an adult, because I despise peas!!! LOL!!! Have Blessed coming week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My core muscles have all felt incredibly stiff/tight lately so I'm hoping pilates will help. I'm thinking about doing some at-home prenatal yoga as well.

      And let's hope this baby has a more diverse set of taste buds than I was able to accommodate in the first trimester and a half. Otherwise, I'm going to have a very picky child haha.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Just read the news, you must be so excited :-) That amniotic fluid bit is a bit weird, I agree. I've only read that spicy foods can have an influence there (boy, did I miss them!). Hope everything in your pregnancy will continue as smoothly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anja!!! You've been missed :) I hope all is well!!! We are so incredibly excited about the little guy and I've definitely been blessed with a pretty smooth pregnancy so far. Here's to hoping that it stays that way :)

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...