Tuesday, July 29, 2014

23 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 23 weeks, 5 days today


Weight gain: 8 pounds. Um... yeah. Let's just leave it at that. 

Maternity clothes: My jeans don't fit properly unless I use a hairband and I can't even begin to zip up my pencil skirts. I've resorted to dresses mostly but even some of those are becoming too short for work. I generally bring out a maternity outfit once during the week. On the weekends I live in leggings and a tank top (or make do with my favorite skinny jeans). I'm not necessarily looking forward to having to dress a bump in October and November... I guess I better start looking for some maternity tights/pantyhose.

Best Moment this Week? We had a fairly successful yard sale. We made some money and and a few new friend. There were two baby boys that dug Joe and he was equally smitten. It warmed my heart to see him getting so much joy out of their little smiles and it gave me a little glimpse of how great of a dad he will be in a few months. 

Sleep: Thankfully, blissful sleep has returned. I can't even put into words how much I enjoy sleeping. My dreams are still weird -- mostly because I watch too much Law & Order on Netflix -- but I'll take weird dreams over tossing and turning any day.

Gender: A little itty bitty baby boy and we are so flipping excited.


Movement: He's gentle but strong, and usually quick as a flash. I feel him move every day, some days more than others. I also find myself getting awfully paranoid when I don't happen to feel him kick or stretch for a few hours which is draining. Sometimes, I wonder what in the world he is doing in there :) I can't wait to see his little movements in real life. 

Looking forward to: Completing our baby registry -- welp, starting it would be nice too. We have yet to get out and do it and I can hardly wait to start. Evidently they just opened a double decker Target in King of Prussia so I plan to drag Joe out in the very near future! Also -- next Tuesday I have an OB appointment and will get to hear baby J's heartbeat. It's my favorite thing ever, each and every time. I'm also hoping they'll have me schedule my next ultrasound so I have something concrete to look forward to but that's probably just wishful thinking. 

Food cravings: Fruit. I want all the fruit. Seriously, all of the fruit. I also had a hankering for French Toast this weekend and was thrilled to satiate that craving. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing! How awesome is that? I'm thrilled to be feeling great.

Labor Signs: None, thankfully. I keep looking out for Braxton Hicks contractions but I don't think I've had any yet. 

What I miss: Lately I have been enjoying pregnancy so much that I can't even think of a single thing that I miss. I loveee this stage. 

Symptoms: The most obvious symptom has been swelling. My ankles/feet blow up like balloons at the end of the day no matter what I do. I'll definitely be discussing this with my OB next week because it's super uncomfortable, not to mention horribly unattractive.

Nursery: Did you check out the nursery inspiration board that I shared last week? On Sunday night, we painted the walls navy and OH MY GOODNESS, it look's incredible!
We'll be installing either board and batten or beadboard along the bottom half of the wall to balance out the darkness. The color is by far the most beautiful navy I have ever seen in my life: Behr Marquee Opera Glasses.

Belly button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On, but occasionally I take them off at night because again... swelling.

Mood: Maybe I'm just in a good mood today, but I've been feeling pretty great lately. I know I'm a bit temperamental sometimes (just ask Joe) but I'd say that it's not the norm for this past week especially.

Workouts: Pilates every week with my BFF. Seriously, it's such a relaxing yet challenging workout that I know is helping (the pain in my hips and abs has already lessened). I've also started doing prenatal yoga. I got a super cute new yoga mat which is the best motivation to get started, isn't it? I'd like to do some more "active" workouts but this is where I feel most comfortable for now.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for bumpdates! I'm loving that navy color! Our friends did a dark gray with wainscoting and it turned out soooo nice. Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...