Monday, July 7, 2014

20 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 20 weeks, 4 days



Weight gain: Up 3.7 pounds so far

Maternity clothes: Here and there but definitely not all the time. I still prefer wearing my own jeans and leggings but ruched maternity tops are becoming my BFF. 

Best Moment this Week? Aside from an incredible holiday weekend, Joe finally got to feel the baby move! On Thursday night, our Little Chirpie was moving up a storm so I had Joe cop a feel and whatdya know? Joe felt a kick - or as he called it 'a little fistbump'! Ever since, I have spent every extra second holding my belly waiting for little pokes. It brings a smile to my face every single time. 

Sleep: Still, incredible. I was a bit tired out this weekend and really enjoyed sleeping in until 8:00 a.m. for the past three days. 

Gender: I'm still leaning towards girl, but the thought that it's a boy has been creeping up on me. Afterall, I have a 50/50 shot at being correct, right?

Movement: Lots more, especially during the fireworks on Friday night! I'm getting better at identifying the baby's movements and I'm LOVING getting to feel the kicks on the outside. 

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender... in just about two hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm just a little excited, can ya tell?!)


Food cravings: Fruit. Stone fruits have really been hitting the spot lately. I cannot get enough of peaches specifically. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Ugh. Avocados. I got a salad and thought that since I've been doing so well with vegetables, I could handle the chopped avocado on my salad. GROSS! Just thinking about it now it making my stomach churn.... Yuck yuck yuck. 

Labor Signs: Nothing whatsoever. 

What I miss: Alcohol. That's a terrible thing to say but with the Fourth of July celebrations and floating with friends on Saturday, I would have loved a beer or some sangria. Obviously, I went without, but one would have been nice. 

Symptoms: I've had pretty bad headaches this past weekend but other than that, frequent urination has been my most obvious 'symptom.' 

Nursery: I'll be picking out a paint color and settling on a theme in just a few hours! We'll start painting next weekend... yay!

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: I've been a little emotional this past week but I'll chock that up to a very stressful week at work, a high sense of being behind and overwhelmed, and the need to step back and relax. 

Workouts: Um... sure.


2 comments:

  1. Just saw the announcement on Instagram!!! Congratulations. Can't wait to see what the nursery theme is.

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mama & Papa!! And what a CUTE baby Boy this will be!!! {Loved baby kicks & fist bumps!}

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...