Monday, June 9, 2014

16 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 16 weeks, 4 days today :)



Weight gain: Down a 1/4lb from last week so I'm still below my pre-pregnancy weight. At this point, it's by about half of a pound. Nevertheless, the bump is making itself known on a daily basis. A few people have said I finally 'popped' and I'd have to agree. 

Maternity clothes: Still rocking all of my pre-pregnancy clothes; however, every once in awhile I throw in a body-skimming, curve-hugging maternity tee to boost confidence in my growing curves.

Best Moment this Week? Best and worst... we spent the day out on the water with friends yesterday. It was incredible - full of sunshine, laughter, and most of my favorite people. The worst part was coming home and realizing that my sunscreen must have expired. I'm feeling pretty crappy right about now. 

Sleep: Aside from the occasional potty break, I have been having some really restful sleep. I really enjoy sleeping on my back so it's going to be a tough transition to side-sleeping so I'm going to relish in these last few weeks. 

Gender: Still leaning towards girl! Last wee, I was able to schedule my 20-week ultrasound but unfortunately, I won't be going in until I'm nearly 21 weeks on July 7th. I don't know how I'll be able to get through this month.

Movement: Still nothing and I'm feeling pretty disappointed by that...

Looking forward to: July 7th for sure :) In the meantime, I have belly check tomorrow with the OB so I'm excited to hear our little chirpie's heartbeat. 

Food cravings: Watermelon and peaches. I could happily consume both for days on end. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not nearly as much as past weeks. I need to ensure that I eat regularly, or else I get nauseated but that hasn't been an overwhelming symptom this week.

Labor Signs: No labor signs, but I had quite a few 'ouch' moments with the round ligament pain - especially when I sneeze or bend over too quickly. 

What I miss: Other than energy, nothing in particular - I haven't had any odd cravings or longings. I'm really enjoying pregnancy at this point. 

Symptoms: Again, round ligament pain and my headaches returned this weekend. 

Nursery: Yikes... I don't even want to go there. So much work to do.

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On 

Mood: A roller coaster. I'm happy one minute and the next I'm just exhausted or frustrated or cranky. Not to excess or anything, but just enough to leave me irritable.

Workouts: Puh-lease. I really need to get out and sweat some more but I'm still too tired. Plus, with this painful sunburn, I won't be going outside for at least a week. 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good pregnancy Jess! I can hardly wait til you feel that Lil Chirpie move for the first time & then get active as Chirpie makes him/herself comfortable!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much <3 I feel like I've been lucky and have loved just about every second of it. It's insane how much you can 'miss' something that is with you constantly. I hope that once I can feel Lil Chirpie on the regular, I'll be a little less anxious.

      Delete
  2. With your first pregnancy it's common not to feel the baby till later. I didn't feel anything till about 20 weeks...then as I started to recognize the feeling I realized I probably had felt it earlier and thought it was stomach issues or gas. Don't worry....you'll feel your little soon and eventually ALL. THE. TIME. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I keep telling myself, Rachel! 'Be careful what you wish for!' haha

      Every night before I fall asleep I lay there and concentrate on if I can feel anything. It's unfathomable to Joe and I that you cannot feel something the size of an orange inside of your body.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...