Monday, June 16, 2014

17 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 17 Weeks, 4 Days today




Weight gain: GAH! 3 pounds in one week. I think having a homemade milkshake two days in a row caught up with me. I'm now over my pre-pregnancy weight by about three pounds. I guess it was only a matter of time, right? This is a good reminder that I have to feed myself and the baby the RIGHT food. 

Maternity clothes: For the heck of it, I tried maternity pants last week. Not really a fan... Elastic waistbands don't stay up nearly as well as regular pants. I'm sure my tune will change when I *need* that elastic.

Best Moment this Week? Without a doubt, hearing the baby's heartbeat last Tuesday night was pretty phenomenal... always is. His/her heart was beating at 150 bpm. Joe almost missed the appointment but the nurses and doctor were awesomely patient and waited 20 minutes so he could be there. 

Sleep: I honestly can't complain at all about my sleep lately. I fall asleep at the drop of a dime and although I hate getting up, I tend to have a great amount of energy early on in the day. Still sleeping on my back no problem and have yet to need the maternity pillow.

Gender: Still very hopeful for a girl but as the date gets closer and closer (three weeks from today!) I'm quickly warming up to the idea of a son. I'm on pins and needles over here!

Movement: I can't be sure but I *think* I may have felt the baby over the weekend. On Saturday we went to breakfast and after I ate I felt a weird sensation in my lower abdomen that I never felt before. Then, on Sunday while we were relaxing, I felt a very light fluttery sensation on my lower right side. When I re-adjusted myself, I didn't feel it anymore (boo!) but a few hours later, I felt it again. 

Looking forward to: This Saturday is finally almost here and I'll get to reconnect with my most favorite pregnant lady and her husband!! Cannot wait :)

Food cravings: Peaches and watermelon are very much a staple in my diet and they always hit the spot. The other things I've found myself regularly wanting: bagels, eggs, iced coffee, and mozzarella sticks. (Don't hate me about that last one - it's one of the few things I seem to be able to tolerate when eating out)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Lately, I haven't really felt all that terrible. Eating too much/too late has been causing light indigestion and heart burn but those are tolerable growing pains.

Labor Signs: Nope

What I miss: I have still been craving a hoagie... badly. I joke with Joe that upon delivery, the first thing I'll want is a grocery store turkey hoagie or one from my favorite pizza place. Is that sad?

Symptoms: Cankles. Seriously! How is it possible to have barely gained any weight but to have already started to swell?! I think it doesn't help that I have a very sedentary job. I'm going to have to figure out a way to fit a few minutes of walking into my schedule each hour as well as how to keep my feet propped while I'm working. It's just so disgusting and I hate the fat feet and ankles. :(

Nursery: I'm relieved to finally share that after several days worth of work, I have finished removing all of the wallpaper paste from the room. THANK GOSH! Joe will spackle and prime and as soon as we find out the gender, we can start painting! I also made my first purchase for the nursery - a super cute gray chevron ottoman from Target. I scored it on clearance for 50% off plus an additional 20% off with the Cartwheel App. Major win! I used to have one very general Nursery Ideas Pinterest board and have since created three more with the themes I'm leaning towards: woodland, hot air balloon, and under the sea. 

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: I've been really stressed out and anxious the past week or so but today is a new day and I'm feeling pretty awesome.

Workouts: Oh geez... this might account for that 3 pound weight gain. I really need to make this a focus. Any tips on how to incorporate a workout into an already long workday?


4 comments:

  1. Granted I'm a bit ahead of you...but actual workouts are too much now. I do make sure to get a good half hour walk with my hubby and puppy every night before bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of workouts were you doing early on? You and your husband seem to be very fit/active. My husband is a runner, me not so much. I work 10+ hour days so by the time I get home I just make excuses for myself. Maybe I'll have to stop changing into my PJs right away and commit to walking Quinn to and from the park before bed.

      Delete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! Lots of H2O-more veggies-no food after 6 or 7-ish IF at all possible! I too hated cankles!
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am willing to try anything at this point and those tips seem supremely doable. I can only imagine that the swelling is going to get worse as summer sets in and the pregnancy progresses. Thank you!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...