Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Drab to Fab - Eyewear Makeover

Need a quick pick me up? If you wear glasses, especially plain jane frames, I have a super easy way to dress those babies up.  


In total, this makeover will cost you all of $2. Yerp. That's it.  I'm pretty sure most of us can swing that.

SHOPPING LIST: 
adhesive rhinestones (3mm size, color of your choice)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.  Gather your supplies - adhesive rhinestones, scissors, and eyeglasses (cleaned and dried)
2. The rhinestones are easier to remove in strips. Cut the strips to your desired length. I wanted about 2/3 of an inch of coverage so I cut strips that were 4 rhinestones long.
3. Begin applying the rhinestones strip by strip.
4. Press down each strip with firm pressure for about 15-20 seconds. 


You're done and they are ready to wear right away!

Here's a before and after...
DRAB to FAB!

I considered choosing a clear, diamond-like crystal but I wanted only a touch of sparkle so went with something a bit more subdued. What I love most is that these glossy black crystals are not over the top which is ideal since I work in a pretty conservative field. (I have no interest in going to work feeling like I Bedazzled my face.) At the same time, I feel like my glasses are a true accessory when I'm getting dressed up. Win, win!



I'm linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bethany!! I was really self-conscious at first because sparkle is definitely not in my day-to-day repertoire but I've fallen for the look :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jess, Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the new year. My computer is slowly dying so I dont get online as often as I'd like, but when I do I always check out what you have going on :)

    Great idea with the glasses,and they look great on you. Picking black is a good choice for someone who doesnt usually wear glitter.

    Take care Jess, and keep up the beautiful things you do.
    Hugs from Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...