Saturday, March 9, 2013

Glitter & Leather Bunting Necklace

On Monday I mentioned that I was auditioning for Season 15 of the So You Think You're Crafty competition and simply having the opportunity to do so kind of made my day/week/month/life. Just in case you missed the good news on Facebook, I made it through the auditions and will be a Season 15 Crafter!! To any of you who went and voted, I really truly appreciate it!

For my audition craft, I sort of procrastinated.. wait, I lie. I DEFINITELY procrastinated. The day the submissions were due, I had yet to create anything so I had to limit myself. It had to be something small and it would have to use things I already had on hand. I decided that adding a pretty little necklace to my collection was the best route to go.. That's where this glittered leather pennant necklace comes in!


All you need are some small leather scraps, glittered cardstock, and some random jewelry findings. Punch some holes, bend some wires, connect some chain links and...

VOILA! You're done. It's fun, edgy, and the perfect Spring accessory. It's definitely my newest go-to piece.

I hope you all like it as much as I do. I'm looking forward to pulling out all the stops for the next couple of rounds at So You Think You're Crafty. Thanks again for all of your support!


I'm linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! This is amazing news. I also love the necklace. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! You've definitely earned your spot in the top ten. And this was my second guess for which project was yours =) It is really cute! Love the light greens / gold together.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cograts! I really love your necklace, and love buntings:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checked out your blog and a) you are SO talented b) congrats on SYTYC!! and c) this necklace is the cutest!

    Just started following you on fb. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...