Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Tree Ribbon Art

When Christmas comes around, I love to change out the art in our house. It's nice to have small little vignettes here and there all around the house, but I like the dramatic as well. I can never find affordable pieces that are large enough to make a statement so it was about time I made one. 

On the 4th day of The 25 Projects of Christmas, my true love gave to me Christmas Tree Ribbon Art. 


This is a great size without being too overwhelming at 18" x 24". Seeing as I already had all of the materials floating around it was also completely free. 

large fabric covered corkboard, neutral colored
2 yards - 2.5" wide grosgrain ribbon, forest green
7 inches - 2" satin ribbon, chocolate brown
pins
fabric star
optional: iron
1. Start by pinning the ribbon near the bottom right corner (wherever you want the base of the tree to end). Be sure to slide the pin in on a very sharp angle so it can glide in.
2. Arrange the ribbon in a Christmas tree shape. This will take a few minutes to get it just right but be patient.  

3. Once the shape is determined, pin the ribbon down. Place pins underneath the fold so they aren't visible.
4. Fold the brown ribbon in half with the raw edge on top and pin it under the green at the bottom
5. If necessary, iron out any wrinkles with low heat
6. Attach a stuffed star with a pin or two at the very top of the tree and now your art is ready for hanging

How cute is this? It's simple and classic but then very modern at the same time. Luckily for me, the Mr. said I could start decorating (WOOHOO!!!) so this baby will have a new home in the dining room very soon!


You might be getting the feeling that I really like simple Christmas decor and I totally do; what's your holiday style?
I'm linking to:
DIY Showoff | S3 | Classy Clutter | A Little Tipsy | I Heart Nap Time | Mine for the Making | Flamingo Toes | Craftomaniac | Shabby Creek Cottage | Somewhat Simple | My Simple Home Life | My Girlish Whims | Stone Gable | Young and Crafty | Nifty Thrifty Things



If you liked this project, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

7 comments:

  1. That is cool Jess...loving it, and I do believe I have the goods right here at home to make that...:)

    What I'd like to know is how to I get to see Numbers 1-3 that I missed cause I'm making a custom fringe bag and a few things for my Granddaughter's BD that is very soon upon me...This coming Saturday.:)

    As always....love your blog. <3

    I'm excited to see All your 25 projects.:)

    hugs from Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still get confused reading 25 projects of Christmas (that's because in Germany we celebrate on the evening of the 24th, so technically that makes 24 days as a countdown)! Love this cute project - I'm trying to come up with a way to make it less green, but I guess there will be no way around a green tree ;-) Maybe I can add some pink buttons or something as ornaments!

    So, how many boxes have you already pulled out since you got the okay from your hubs? ;-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplistically beautiful. I love it.
    Kindest regards linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely!!! Love the colors and fabrics! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Happy day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following via Craft-o-manic blog hop - this is SOOO cute! I love it. And here I was thinking that I had my decor all up, now I've got to make this ;).

    moetalksalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...