Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Do you know what is momentous about today's post? It's NUMBER 100! I probably should have planned ahead and did something centered around that premise, but instead I share a ridiculously delicious cookie recipe. Sue me! ;)

I'm sure you've heard the old adage: why fix what's not broken? That's the way I feel about the classic double chocolate chunk recipe from Nestle Toll House. Well, that was until I decided to donate some cookies to a bake sale fundraiser and felt the need to go above and beyond the norm. I grabbed a container of Skippy and a bag of mini peanut butter cups and got to work.



How yummy does that bite look? Chunks of bittersweet chocolate and entire morsels of peanut buttery goodness... what's not to like? Evidently they were fan favorites at the bake and I can't imagine why, tee-hee!


2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Baking Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 package of the mini unwrapped peanut butter cups
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks


1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients except PB cups and chocolate chunks ingredients in a mixing bowl until blended. 
3. Stir in chunks and peanut butter cups. 
4. Use a tablespoon to drop rounded balls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes so the cookies will remain a bit chewy.
6. Cool cookies on baking sheets for a couple of minutes then place onto wire racks to cool completely.

Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Since these were going to be presented at a bake sale, I wrapped them individually and they were ready to be donated. 




Gah.... after writing this out, I'm really wishing that I would have saved a batch for the Mr. and I.

Check back tomorrow for an easy and crafty Autumn-themed packaging idea for these cookies (or any other treats for that matter).


If you liked this recipe I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other mouth-watering recipes and simple tutorials for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 
I'm linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post, Jess! What a wonderful way to celebrate -- with these scrumptious cookies!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! Yesterday seemed to have been official international cookie day (I made chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies) - I really have to try yours! And congrats on this milestone =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These taste awesome , thank you for baking me a batch for my fundraiser last week. Everyone loved them. Thank you again Jess , your the best.

    Olga

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...