Thursday, October 4, 2012

Paint Chip Goodie Bags

Yesterday I mentioned that I had an Autumn goodie bag tutorial that was perfect for the cookies I made and today I live up to my word!


I'm all about being green (and cheap) whenever I can so it's nice when I find new ways to use old things.
This little baggie is made from free paint chips, dollar store cello bags, leaves, and yarn.

Paint Chips (I prefer Behr because they are wide and only one color)
Cellophane Bags
Twine / String / Yarn
Scissors / Paper Cutter
Decorative Punch
Hole Punch


1. Cut off any area that has any print on it

2. Fold the paint chip in half

3. Depending on the size of your treats, cut down your cello bag, fold the top over and punch two holes through (there will be 4 holes in total)

4. Using the holes on the bag as a template, mark the points onto the inside of your paint chip

5. Punch each of the Xs out on the paint chip

6. [Optional] Use a punch to create a fancy border on one side of the folded paint chip.

7. In order to not ruin your leaf, use a tiny punch to make a small hole in it.

8. Fill your baggie with treats, fold the top over so the holes match up, fold the paint chip over the top so all holes are matched up, thread your twine/yarn/string through the holes and tie on your leaf.


If you liked this project, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

I'm linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Love this! So easy and fun. Perfect for any holiday, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this scallopped cutter thingy - I swear, you can never have enough of those punches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me Jess! Stop it, right now. lol That looks like a perfect little package, and I love the machine that allows you to do those edges.

    What is it called?

    I think I better get off the computer and back to my sewing machine to get work done before I start checking out your awesome blog. It just makes me feel lazy not completing many creations that are crying to get done so I can list them in my shop. Then I wonder why I don't have many sales. lol

    Have a wonderful day Jess.
    laura...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creative way to use a paint chip! And it looks oh so cute. I'd love for you to share this at my link party!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool goodie bag! I love that you added a little leaf. Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...