Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Pumpkins

How much do you like short-cuts? A lot? Me too! Well, these little pumpkins are practically made of short-cuts.



Last weekend the Mr. took me shopping at the famous King of Prussia Mall (yes, the biggest mall on the East Coast just happens to be 10 miles from my house). He needed to exchange a shirt at J.Crew and I 'needed' to stop by Williams-Sonoma. I flipping love that place. 

He gave me the "get anything you want" speech and left me to my vices. Yeahhhhh, he obviously has no idea how much trouble I could get into in there. I'm too good of a wife to take advantage of that go ahead so I stuck to a minimum. 

All I grabbed was:
photo courtesy of williams-sonoma

Now I normally don't buy mixes but Williams-Sonoma's are the one and only exception. While they might be a tad pricey, they are worth every penny. This stuff would put Betty too shame. Not only are they delicious, but they bake up in a jiffy. 

Yes, you could definitely do this from scratch but with this bagged mix, the only ingredients you need are a stick of butter, an egg, and some water. I opted to cut the butter in half and add an extra can of pumpkin puree just to up the ante. Even with that little addition, it was still easy peasy. 

Rather than making loaves or even muffins, I decided on little bundt cakes using my super awesome mini bundt pan (on clearance for $7.97!). The best part was that these took only 15 minutes to bake.

I drowned the first batch in homemade caramel sauce.

The second batch was made into little pumpkins. Simply put two bundt cakes together and form a stem and vine out of green tootsie rolls. Can't get much easier than that! (You could also use chocolate tootsies or soft caramels.)


Have you tried other Williams-Sonoma mixes? Or do you have a different brand that you prefer? Do you leave them as is, or jazz them up?

I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other mouth-watering recipes and incredibly simple projects for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

I'm linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Your husband lets you shop at Williams-Sonoma!?!?!?

    You are one lucky girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this "go ahead and buy what you want" speech - I don't take advantage, either (In our little world, I'm the Treasury Secretary, go figure!)
    Even though we don't really use pumpkin stuff for desserts, I love the idea of putting two bundt cakes together, gotta try that =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess,

    You are unreal girl! Where the heck do you find the time to do all this? I'm still thinking about the eggplants. lol

    Spiced Pecan Pumpkins?....yum yum...with a bit of droole. lol

    I'm gonna have to just look at this picture cause no way will I get the chance to make them for the weekend.

    I will try them though for a special day.

    Thanks again Jess for all you do and Bless you and yours you lucky lady who loves her husband so much and he you. <3

    Happy Thanks Giving...because here in Canada we celebrate this weekend.

    Laura...hugs

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...