Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quotation Scarf

It's the first day of March which means Spring is only right around the corner, YAY! I decided a new scarf was in my future and when I saw this pin on Pinterest earlier this week I fell head over heels <3

I resolved to make it before the week was through and considering that materials were minimal, it was easy to do. I stopped by A.C. Moore and found a white pashmina for all of $4.19 ($6.99 - $2.80... 40% off coupon!). While the original used fabric paint I opted for a king-size black Sharpie to get a sketchier look (I didn't like the glossy finish of the original).

I started by figuring out what I wanted to write, I chose my favorite quote from my favorite novel: "I'm glad it's a girl. And I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." Any guesses? It's Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Next, I wrote it out neatly on the scarf...

And then to make it a little less "perfect" I went over everything to make them a bit bolder and messier...

I can't wait to wear it tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Such a fun idea...

    I'd love for you to visit my blog! www.goodlifeblog.org.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The great thing about it is you can write just about anything you want -- lyrics, biblical verse, quote, etc.

      Love your blog -- new follower!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Such a good idea! Thanks for sharing
    Rebecca @ heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking it out :) I'm so happy other people like it as much as I do.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...