Sunday, July 28, 2013

Smooth Sea | Skillful Sailor - Printable

This summer is flying by and it's hard to believe that it's not over just yet. We're FINALLY enjoying some cooler temps (mid 80s!) and I'm really looking forward to the 60s-70s of Fall. Afterall, who doesn't love Autumn? Until then, I've been stuck with quite a conundrum. What kind of decor will fill the gap between stars and stripes and the autumnal harvest?? 


My vote goes to nautically inspired pieces. Going along with that line of thinking, I love a fab motivational print to tie it all together. This little lady will be right at home amidst your seafaring decor or even tucked within a gallery wall!

"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

This is one of my absolute favorite proverbs. It speaks volumes to me -- all along the lines of: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It's a perfect reminder for those tough shifts at work, rough days with the kids, or simply when things just don't go as easy as you would have liked.



I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through your favorite reader. There are plenty of other printables, simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 


I'm linking to:
Tatertots & Jello | S3 | Classy Clutter | I Heart Nap Time | Mine for the Making | Flamingo Toes | Craftomaniac | Shabby Creek Cottage | My Girlish Whims | Stone Gable | Young and Crafty | Nifty Thrifty Things

This post and artwork were designed by me as a contributing post to Sumo's Sweet Stuff on July 5, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! Such a nice quote! And so pretty, too! Thanks for sharing the download! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Felecia! I love sharing things like this. Hope you have a great day!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...