Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chicken Salad | Cucumber Cups

I have a confession: I am a stop and go dieter. One day I'm super healthy and the next, not so much -- actually, it's more like I'm uber healthy for one meal and then 5 hours later, I inhale a baggie of sweet potato chips. Yumm-o. I try to make the healthy meals count and that's easier said than done, especially when you're going to parties with your pals. One of my favorite bring along dishes are these low-carb Cucumber and Chicken Salad Cups. 



My secret to the absolute best chicken salad ever? Store bought rotisserie chicken! Delish. My other tip? Keep it simple. Nothing is worse than spying a delicious looking chicken salad at a party, taking a bite and discovering a raisin or celery. Sure, you might love those things at home, but when you're going out, cook for others, not yourself.


1.5 cups chopped/shredded chicken breast
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2T of the juice from the rotisserie chicken container -- or simply add more mayo
1t of lemon thyme
1 green onion, sliced
2 English cucumbers or 3 garden variety cucumbers
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Simply mix chicken, mayo, chicken juices, lemon thyme, and green onion until combined
2. Now gather and wash the cucumbers completely
3. Peel strips of the skin away with a veggie peeler
4. Cut the cucumber into 1.5 inch sections
5. Using a spoon or mini melon baller, scoop out between half and 2/3 of the cucumber center
6. Season the cucumber cups with salt/pepper
7. Scoop the chicken salad into the cups and refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to serve!


Get ready to rake in the compliments on this delicious summer appetizer!


I'm linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...