Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Leek, Mushroom and Gruyere Quiche

Tonight my lovely neighbor and I are heading out to pick up another bushel of produce from Living Hope Farm. Our last CSA haul was primarily leafy greens which were easy to devour. I shared my consternation towards how to use up the leeks we had received. After searching through dozens and dozens of recipes, this one from Smitten Kitchen really got me. So here is my version of a Leek, Wild Mushroom, and Gruyere Quiche. YUM!


This quiche even got the husband's seal of approval (I say even because even I was surprised that he'd eat it... seeing as it's meatless and all); it was out of this world delicious!
INGREDIENTS:
1 frozen pie crust
4 eggs
1lb sliced wild mushrooms
2 large leeks, sliced (light green and white parts only)
1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup light cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon dry red wine
salt/pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Allow the crust to partially thaw
3. Melt butter over medium-low heat; saute leeks and mushrooms with the wine until tender (about 10 minutes)
4. In a small bowl, toss both cheeses with the flour
5. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream
6. Pour the leek and mushroom mixture into the crust; sprinkle with salt and pepper
7. Sprinkle all of the cheese over the leeks and mushrooms
8. Pour the eggs over the entire thing; gently poke around to ensure that the eggs soak all the way through the cheese and veggies
9. Bake for 15 minutes at 375, then for 25-30 more minutes at 350 until golden brown.

Serve warm or chilled and enjoy!





I'm linking to:

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! And I guess you really made something delicious if the husband didn't start looking for a steak hidden underneath the quiche ;-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...