Friday, May 10, 2013

Party Like Gatsby

Okay. I need to lay it out there for you. I adore F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. Adore might not even be a strong enough word for it. I first read the book in high school and have willingly reread it on several occasions over the years. Every single time I find something new to hook me in... sometimes I even find myself surprised like I magically expected a different ending.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Robert Redford / Mia Farrow film and have been on pins and needles for this year's remake (love me some Leo!). The time has finally come and tonight is the night!


 In honor of the best story ever... my fave Gatsby themed goodness:

1 - Spectacle Necklace (a la Dr. TJ Eckleburg) via Gabbys Bazaar | 2. The Great Gatsby Tote via Out of Print Clothing | 3. Crochet Knit Flapper Dress via Macy's | 4. Sparkling Art Deco Earrings via Forever21 | 5. The Great Gatsby Phone Case via Out of Print Clothing | 6. Gatsby's American Dream (one of my favorite bands from high school!) 7. The Great Gatsby Book Clutch via Kate Spade

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. 

Ahhhhhh. I'm counting down the minutes until we get there tonight. Will you be seeing The Great Gatsby this weekend? What's your favorite book turned movie?




I'm linking to:

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that kate spade clutch!!! As much as I want to see the movie this weekend...we saw Iron Man last weekend, so we may wait a few weeks to head back to the theater :) Hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so many people love this book and I thought it was just sad. I'll probably wait to watch it on Redbox.

    I'm SUPER impressed with the Hobbit when it came out in December and I can't wait for the next 2 installments! I've read that book enought times that I've had to replace my copy twice.



    www.mywholesomehome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the book, but I have never actually seen the Redford movie. I guess I'll wait for the Dvd, though - it'd going to be the kind of film that I'll watch again and again.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...