Thursday, June 14, 2012

Anthro Knock Off - Callais Earrings

Who doesn't love Anthropologie?? Considering how beautiful, unique, and often ethereal all of their products are, I can't imagine that there is a single woman out there who doesn't swoon. I ran across these beauties (the Callais Earrings) and fell in lust. They're stunning and so perfect for summertime but for $138 they are a splurge, and not one I was willing to take. What's a girl to do? Why make them of course.

Pretty, right?? And even better yet is the fact that they cost me only $8! Yep, eight smackeroos.


I ran by Target on my way home and picked up a pair of plain gold earrings ($5.99) and two packs of beads from AC Moore ($1.50/each + 40% off coupon). Other than that, you will only need hot glue and tweezers.


The process was pretty simple. Apply glue in a crescent shape, affix larger stone beads first then fill in with the tiny seed beads. Let dry and you're done. It took me all of 5 minutes to make a pair. I love them and can't wait to wear them tomorrow.

Like them? If so, this will quite possibly be the easiest DIY you ever undertake. Let me know if you make a pair too!


I'm linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Like them?? LOVE them!! Fabulous knock off! Thanks for linking up to DIY Diva Thursdays :)

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the party! I'm glad you came to check these out, and even happier that you like them!

      Delete
  2. AMAZEBALLS! They look fantastic. I am seriously in love, and the possibilities are endless. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I feel the same way. You should try it!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful earings. Thank you for linking with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found so many great blogs through that Blog Hop.

      Delete
  4. Wow, these are so stinkin' cute! I love the color! How fun is it to knock off Anthropologie for a fraction of the cost?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, love simplicity, the shiny is great. Wonderful jewelry idea. Seems like they'd be fairly inexpensive to make, think two teenage grand daughters would love these. Next time I'm in craft store I'll be looking out for the supplies. Great post
    . Glad you had a good break, you deserve it. Sometimes other things like your family, friends deserve to come first before your blog.
    wedding-earrings

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...