Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Embellished Headwarmer & Glove Gift Set

Do you ever come across a really awesome tutorial and just know that you have to try it? That's the way I felt a few weeks ago when I saw I am Momma Hear Me Roar's rolled felt flowers. I couldn't figure out where I wanted to use them but I knew I would. When I stumbled upon a plain headwarmer and set of gloves in the dollar section at Jo-Ann's, inspiration struck. Number twenty of The 25 Projects of Christmas is the perfect last-minute DIY gift: an embellished headwarmer and glove set.


In a matter of minutes you can transform some dollar store finds into something worthy of gift wrap.

I loved that Cheri's tutorial used, you guessed it, FELT for her flowers so I did, too. I wanted a substantial flower on the headband but much smaller sized ones on the gloves. The large was made with two 12"x1" strips (rolled one after the other) and the small blooms were made with one 6"x1" piece each. I used hot glue as suggested in the tutorial but sewed each one on so that they wouldn't eventually fall off from wear and tear. 


I think they turned out adorable! I wish I would have snagged some in little girl sizes because my niece would look precious in a set of these.




Would you gift these or keep them all to yourself? That's quite the conundrum, now isn't it?
If you liked this project, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

I'm linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the color combos you made! =) Your great taste always shows!

    And that robin? I have them too. They are the most adorable item I shopped for Christmas. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! I don't know, they would make a great gift, but I would really have a hard time giving them away! Adorable!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...