Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Craft Room Organization: Stamp Jars

You may not remember this, but earlier this year Real Simple came and made over my craft room. They did such a wonderful job and I'm paranoid that I'll ruin it. I feel like I'm constantly stuck coming up with new ways to make the most of my existing space since I seem to hoard craft supplies. The $1 sets of alphabet stamps from Michaels are one such supply I can't resist buying...after all, they're only a buck!

The problem with those little packs is they come in these dinky boxes that make it impossible to keep organized so I just toss them together in one big container. Well that definitely isn't a solution because when I want to use them I have to fish out each matching set... Waste of time, much?  After a recent trip to Ikea, I snagged little spice jars that were the perfect size for each set. This is what I came up with:

They consist of: small jars (could easily be done with baby food jars), craft paper stickers, and stamped on words. I think they are a perfectly adorable and organized addition to my amazing space.

Materials:
Stamp sets
1 jar per stamp set
1 label per jar
ink pad

Instructions:
1. Get all of your stamps together

2. Sort by font

3. Gather enough jars for each set

4. Apply a sticker to the lid of each jar

5. Get the letters from each set for whatever word you want to spell out

6.  Use a pretty color to stamp your word onto the sticker

7. I thought mine were lacking a certain something so I added a little stitch doodle on each to give some extra pop.




I had originally applied the stickers to the sides of the jars, but considering you view the jars from the top, I ripped those little babies off and put them on the lid. That way, I can easily see which set is which and only grab the stamps I want.

What are your favorite craft organization tips? Please share! I'm always stoked to hear all of the creative ideas floating around out there.


If you haven't already, consider following Spool and Spoon via email or Google Friend Connect so you don't miss out on other pretty projects and really simple recipes!


I'm linking to:

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I am also a sucker for anything that's a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Even if I don't use it for a really long time, I STILL feel as though I got an awesome deal.

      Delete
  2. So cute! I love pretty storage solutions. Great way to organize! Thanks so much for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...