Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi(e) Day!

So how many of you knew today was an unofficial holiday? I actually almost missed it but Real Simple's Simply Stated Blog could never let that happen. It's Pi Day... 3.14! Oh wait... pie, not pie? Well, I would much rather it be Pie Day, how about you?

In honor of 3.141592653589793238 let's honor my favorite pie recipes!


To get us started...


Favorite old-fashioned pie? Strawberry Rhubarb Pie (this reminds me of my Grandmother <3)
Source: Woman's Day

Favorite go-to pie? Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie - This is a fall staple in our home
Source: Family Fun

Favorite down-home pie? Peach Pie - This screams summertime to me!
Source: Skip to My Lou

Favorite remake of a classic pie? Pumpkin Chiffon Pie - What's better than pumpkin pie? Pumpkin chiffon pie of course!
Source: Kath Eats Real Food

Favorite porta-pie? Pie Pops - Haven't made these just yet, but these are brilliant!
Source: Our Best Bites


And we all know that pies aren't just sweet...

Favorite side-dish pie? Spanakopita (Spinach Pie) - One word: delicious.
Source: Martha Stewart

Favorite savory brunch pie? Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Quiche - My mother hates omelettes, but she sure does love some quiche; this is for her.
Source: The Examiner

Favorite make-it-a-meal pie? Venison Shepherd's Pie - My own recipe to use up some venison.
Source: Spool & Spoon (me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...