Thursday, January 26, 2012

Coconut Curry Chicken

Call it the fear of the unknown, or the Toddler Syndrome but I tend to avoid new food because I'm convinced I'll hate it. It is only magnified when we're talking ethnic food because the smells and ingredients are generally very new to me.

I finally gathered enough courage to try curry about a year ago and, OH MY, what in the world was I waiting for? Well, in reality I've only ever had one recipe with curry in it... but baby steps! If you like curry or Indian food, or even if you don't but you do like chicken and rice, I suggest you try my recipe for Coconut Curry Chicken. Not only does my super picky husband like it, but all in all there are 5 ingredients so it can't be beat.

Coconut Curry Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 1+lb boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into strips
  • 1 large yellow onion; cut into strips
  • 2 sweet red peppers (or 1 pepper and 1 tomato); cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 13.5-14oz can coconut milk
  • 1-3 Tbsp. of Pataks Hot Curry Paste (suit to your taste)

Directions:
  1. Saute onions for 5 minutes over medium heat
  2. Add chicken strips and red peppers and continue to saute with the onions. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through
  3. Turn down heat and stir in a suitable amount of hot curry paste
  4. Immediately pour the coconut milk over the mixture and stir to combine and dissolve the curry paste
  5. Let simmer until thickened slightly (10-15 minutes)
Serve with flat bread and white rice. YUM!

All My Best -- Jess

1 comment:

  1. My husband is a big fan of chicken curry, so I will have to make this soon! :)

    Pinned to share - stopping by from the Iron Chef Mom challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...