Tuesday, May 27, 2014

14 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 14 weeks, 5 days today

Weight gain: back to pre-pregnancy weight (gained ½ lb since last week)

Maternity clothes: None, yet. I’ve been tempted to try out some, but I just feel silly at this point. I’m still not looking ‘pregnant’ so I’m going to enjoy my skinny jeans as long as possible.

Best Moment this Week? The best ‘moment’ would have to have been having a three-day weekend. I didn’t get to sleep in because Quinn is an early-riser but I did get to nap on Saturday (THREE HOURS!) and still went to bed at 9:00 p.m. (not even sure how it’s possible to be so sleepy…) We enjoyed a weekend that was pretty much just Joe and I, and Quinn and Aubrey – but, on Saturday we took our nephew to his first Phillies game which was fun despite the guys playing absolutely terribly.

Sleep: I’m pretty sure that the previous answer covered that – I CAN’T GET ENOUGH! I’m really looking forward to the whole second trimester = more energy thing… any day now!

Gender:  This week, I’ve been feeling like the baby is a boy… I won’t admit that to Joe though :-p

Movement: I could be out of my mind, but I’m 99.9% positive that I felt the baby on Friday. I felt this light pulsation that I have never ever felt before and after some weird Google searches came to find that it might have been hiccups… who knows?!

Looking forward to: Still looking forward to my appointment in two weeks BUT I got incredible news on Saturday that one of my best childhood friends who is expecting their first baby THREE WEEKS BEFORE ME will be coming back to PA for a visit on the 21st. Now, that’s what I’m super looking forward to. I haven’t seen her since my wedding in 2011!!

Food cravings: On Friday and Saturday I had a hankering for Chick-Fil-A nuggets – like a ‘I need to have them or I’m going to die’ hankering. I didn’t give in on Friday and made chicken at home but it didn’t quite hit the spot so Saturday we had an early dinner there. Other than that, still loving fruit, yogurt, and vitamin water.

Anything making you queasy or sick: A lot of food. Yesterday we stopped to grab some quick bites while we were working on the fixer upper and to my surprise, I grabbed a veggie platter. I still don’t crave vegetables but it was such a relief that I could eat something that I used to love and that’s super healthy for me. I think I also had my first bout of motion sickness on Sunday – on our way to the Phillies game I was almost positive I was going to get sick in the car but thankfully a granola bar helped to ease my stomach.

Labor Signs: Absolutely none

What I miss: This weekend was actually the first time I’ve missed alcohol. I was never much of a drinker but Joe had a hard iced tea and maybe I was just super thirsty, but I was so tempted by it. Obviously, I didn’t give in but it was surprisingly difficult to fight the urge.

Symptoms: HEADACHES! I feel like I’ve had one every day for the past 2+ weeks and nothing seems to help. I also still get queasy at night but these headaches make everything worse.

Nursery: We are no further this week than we were last week but, we have plenty of time so I’m not stressed :)

Belly button in or out? Definitely still in

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: Eek – I have been super irritable this past week. I’m not one to be a grouch or to complain too much, but I can’t seem to stop myself lately. I feel terrible about it too so hopefully it won’t last.


Workouts: PFT. Nothing major this week. I’ve even slacked on Quinn’s long walks this week which might account for the weight gain. Have I mentioned that I’m really looking forward to my energy levels increasing?!



1 comment:

  1. So cute! I LOVE these updates Jess! I used to feel nosey but, hey...you started it!!! LOL Keep it up Girl, Prayers for smooth sailin' & MORE energy soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...