Friday, December 20, 2013

Our Holiday Home - 2013

So many bloggers are showing off their magazine-worthy houses and I'm like "heyyy, come look at my artificial tree and dusty windowsills." Haha, I'm only kidding. Comparison is the thief of joy, afterall. Our sweet little town home is not a showroom. It is, however, lived in and loved. It's a work in progress. And considering the Great Second Floor Flood of 2013, I'll take it just the way it is.

We are kind of no-frills and simple for the holidays. Here are some of the little things that I'm crushing on around the house this holiday season:

our new porch lantern (Home Depot) and natural swag

the snowcovered holly tree off of our front porch


this sweet little pup who would be sure to greet you if you actually stopped by

our warm and rustic fireplace

the glistening of my favorite balsam candle against the ornaments on the coffee table

the bay window vignette, complete with faux sweater trees

especially that sweet little felt birdie from Ikea

the Christmas tree... bokeh and all

the Pottery Barn birch bark candles that I refuse to burn

<3 the collection of cards that Joe and I have sent out over the last five years <3


the fluffy pom poms and hedgie snowglobe jar

the itty bitty vignette above the kitchen sink

I ran out of sunlight to adequately photograph the rest (the short winter days are a blogger's arch nemesis for sure) but I hope you enjoyed this little peak into our life. 


I'm linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Your decorations look great! I really love the fireplace. We really scaled back the decorations this year but I'm glad we put them up. Nothing puts you in the Christmas spirit like decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! With a brand new baby, I don't blame you for taking it down a notch. Enjoy these first few months of motherhood. Happy New Year to your little family!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...