Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Mantle Reveal

Maybe you recall seeing some sneak peeks of our newly redecorated mantle in my Instagram feed or on this week's Insta Replay Monday


I'm so excited that it is finally done. I wish I had some before pictures, but I didn't plan ahead and took all of our old stuff down as soon as the Mr. gave me the green light. If you're really curious as to what was up there before, think ships and globes... BLEH -- blame the Mr.! That's not our style at all, we're much more green than that. When I finally got the go ahead to restyle everything, I knew I would be bringing the outdoors in. 

I picked and chose lots of elements to carry with the theme. I didn't have a lot of vertical area to work with because our actual mantle is home to our TV and this "mantle" is between the television and the ceiling (see below). Instead, I spaced out all of the pieces and kept things super balanced.


--Shopping List--
Star Spools: Antique
Beeswax Candles: DIY
Clock: Wal-Mart
Birdhouses: DIY (made from the AC Moore variety)
Iron Ball, Faux Plant & Stone Finial: Home Goods
Flower: Save On Crafts (similar here)
Moss Bird - local flea market
Ladder: Antique

I gave the birdhouses a bit more character by staining them with an aged grey. 

After they completely dried, I added some white detailing to the trim and they were ready to be displayed. By mixing them in with some aged accent pieces and some pops of green, our mantle was finished.



Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!

I'm linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's crazy how far a little change can take you :)

      Delete
  2. Those birdhouses are to die for! Love how it all comes together, it makes me think I should take decorating classes with you. But your living room looks also very cozy, the blue looks very soothing!

    How's your project for next week's competition coming? Did you finish it in time?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute mantle! I created a mantle in my home (no fireplace, but entertainment center) to fill a giant empty wall. It's such a great space to re-imagine easily. I change it out every 2-3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the mantel. Looks fresh and spring like.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...