Monday, August 13, 2012

A Taste of Cape May, NJ

I don't generally write personal posts but this weekend was really nice and I just had to share.  We spent Saturday afternoon on the beach in Wildwood then strolled around historic Cape May.  The weather was not the best, but having a whole day down at the shore with people we cherish was exactly what I needed. You see, one of my oldest and very best friends is getting married at the Cape May Ocean Club next summer and I'm her MOH. I cannot wait! She and the groom-to-be invited the Mr. and I to accompany them to their tasting and boy, oh boy are we happy we accepted that invitation!

The restaurant is modern and stunning, all of the things you look for in a venue. And the food.... oh the food! It was to die for!

unfortunately, I forgot my camera so please forgive me for using my phone

We had a total of EIGHT appetizers, ONE salad, THREE entrees, and FOUR desserts. Definitely not the kind of meal that is going to help me fit in my dress, but I enjoyed every bite.

Appetizers:
  • Crab cakes
  • Mini cheeseburgers
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Seared tuna
  • Gazpacho
  • Ceviche 
  • Smoked trout
  • Ribs
Entrees:
  • Red snapper with English pea risotto. That risotto is what dreams are made of. I saw it on the menu and thought "ugh, that sounds disgusting." Turns out that it was my second favorite thing of the evening... I feel a copy-cat recipe coming on! 
  • Roasted chicken with ginger-scallion potatoes. Best chicken ever. It's that simple.  
  • Aged rib-eye. Delicious and so tender and the red wine reduction was a perfect addition to the plate.
Desserts:
  • Cheesecake. My favorite dessert by far, then again, I've never had a cheesecake I didn't want to have a life-long commitment with.
  • Cannoli cream and chocolate chip cake. Everyone at the table raved at this combo and rightfully so, but the cheesecake had a crust that blew me away
  • Pistachio cream cake. Ehhhh. It had anise and I can't stand the licorice flavor. Enough said. 
  • Flourless chocolate cake. Please don't hate me, but I'm not a chocolate fan so this didn't entice me at all. 
The chef, Lulzim Rexhepi, was incredibly talented, our server was knowledgeable and personable, and the event coordinator seemed to really care about how everything was going. I'm excited to see what the bride and groom choose to have on their menu next year. There's no doubt in my mind that their wedding will be a foodie's dream come true. If you have a chance, I'd definitely suggest stopping by the Sea Salt at the Ocean Club Hotel for a mouth-watering meal, or even a couple of drinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...