Sunday, April 29, 2012

In with the Old

The Mr. was quite a doll yesterday and volunteered to take me antique store hopping. While I know he was bored out of his mind, he knows just how much I enjoy looking things over from decades/centuries past.  We had a few stops and ended at a revamped and completely wonderful store in my childhood hometown of Schwenksville, PA and I think I have found my new favorite shop.

Not only was there a wide selection of items, but the layout of the pieces was so inspiring for new uses for old things in our own home. They used to have an old shop only a block or so down the road, but it had been so cramped that it was difficult to see the beauty in each of the pieces which was not the case in this new location. This place is AMAZING and they have this cute country store attached that really brings the old in with the new. If I had to pick a rustic heaven on earth, this place would surely be it.

By the smile on my face, you know it had to be good. I was so excited to rummage around :)







I loved the little clothespins arranged like that. So simple yet so interesting.

This as a centerpiece is so awesome. Imagine a single bloom in a few of those bottles.

Not sure if you could tell, but those are old door hinges arranged as wall art... ideas ideas.


This I thought was really unique. Threading ribbon through the holes of old hardware to make new cabinet pulls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...