Sunday, April 8, 2012

Some BUNNY loves you!

Happy Easter, everyone! We're going to be seeing the in-laws later this afternoon and I cannot wait to see our nephew. Julian is a bit shy of 2 years old and such a little cutie. His parents are trying to limit his candy intake, so rather than a normal chocolate bunny, I decided it would be nice to make him a teeny tiny little stuffed animal.


It seems like those stuffed peep bunnies are all the rage but personally, I don't like to gift something that is so holiday-centric. It's like giving someone a stocking on Christmas... it's thoughtful, but what do you do with it for the next year?? I was toying with making my own pattern but figured I'd search around a bit to see if there were any cutesy bunnies hopping around on the web. I ended up finding this great tutorial on Revoluzzza for a super simple bunny (probably took me all of 20 minutes to do) and it was easily made without being too Eastery

As you'll see by the link, she used some really poppy prints, but since this was for the little guy, I wanted something a bit masculine. Luckily for me, the Mr. was going to trash some really hunky dress shirts and I was able to grab a great gray and white striped number.
Close up of the print: 

I honestly followed the tutorial pretty much exactly. The only difference was that I embroidered happy eyes and added a button nose on the white felt face. Rather than using a blanket stitch to hand-stitch the face to the body, I used a similar stitch on my machine.

Hopefully he loves it! I think it's oh so cute. What do you think?

2 comments:

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...