Saturday, February 7, 2015

MommyCon 2015 + Discount Code

Motherhood comes with lots of unexpected perks - who doesn't love storytime and midday snuggles? I know Joe and I are enjoying bedtime books way more than the little guy considering we're the ones saying "just one more." Two words: Dr. Seuss. It's also a time for you to start finding yourself as a couple - a couple of parents. As I shared earlier this week, we have made some very specific child rearing decisions. I'm really lucky to have a best friend who shares a lot of the same parenting ideals. We can vent, celebrate, and have legit discussions with one another. Unfortunately she is states away. This is forcing me out of my element to start networking with other similar mamas.

Meeting other like-minded moms is a huge goal for me this year. Other than my bestfriend, I don't know another CD mom 'in real life'. Babywearing seems foreign to everyone we know. Our friends are puzzled by our Tummy Tub and our plans to make homemade baby food. Lots of people think we're the epitome of weird for co-sleeping.  So, I sought out a place where parents like us might gather.  Without a doubt, that place is MommyCon!


MommyCon is a boutique style convention dedicated to bringing modern parents and mothers-to-be together to discuss, learn and grow. Most attractive to Joe and I is that their focus is on natural and organic parenting methods. A day at MommyCon features over a dozen speakers, workshops, shopping and lots of socialization! Their seminars and workshops include: babywearing, birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural health and medicine, etc. There's no pressure to go in any which way, they simply provide resources and information to help you make the best decisions for your family. And if that's not enough motivation to go, you also get some pretty awesome swag from the sponsors in addition to amazing giveaways.

I am so excited to share that I'll be an official MommyCon blogger this year!
They already have several events scheduled for 2015! MommyCon was huge in Philly last year and I am all too eager for DC this year.
February 21- Chicago
March 28 - Atlanta
April 18 - Minneapolis
May 23 - Orlando (tickets available after Feb 28)
August 22 - Washington DC (tickets available after Feb 28)
September 19 - Columbus (tickets available after Feb 28)
November 14 - Newport Beach (tickets available after Feb 28)
November 21 - Seattle (tickets available after Feb 28)

I cannot wait until August!! If you're interested in attending, MommyCon is offering Spool and Spoon readers $5 off of general admission tickets (not valid on VIP or pre-sale tickets). Visit http://mommy-con.com/events/ and select the date of your choice. During checkout use code SPOOLSPOON15 for a discounted ticket price of $35! If you have a group of 20 or more (think church groups, neighborhood play group, MOMS/MOPS, etc.), let me know before purchasing as I can provide you a code to get your group tickets at $32 a piece.

If you've been to previous MommyCon events, shoot me an email! I'd love to hear about your experience!


I'm linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...