Friday, October 24, 2014

36 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 36 weeks and 2 days. 
Yep, I majorly slacked. Sorry about that.
(sorry for the terrible lighting - cell phones, no flash, and dismal conditions do not make for a great photo taking atmosphere)
Weight gain: About 8 weeks ago, I put my scale in Joe's bathroom as I couldn't stand weighing myself any longer. It was just a very depressing way to start off my day. I made the decision to only get weight updates when I was at the doctor's office. As of my last appointment (34 weeks), I was at 14lbs total. I have an appointment this afternoon and I'll find out how much more I've gained since then.

Maternity clothes: Other than yoga pants and a few pre-pregnancy shirts and dresses, I'm at the point where maternity clothes are the most comfortable and body-appropriate options in my wardrobe. I actually don't mind all of the elastic anymore and I'm thinking I will especially miss the maternity leggings and the ruched tops.

Best moment this week? Earlier this week, we got a sneak peek at the photographs from our maternity shoot. Admittedly, I was very puffy-faced that morning, but I can't help but to love all of the pictures. I'll share some this weekend!


Since I'm behind, I feel like I need to recap other good moments. Last weekend, we partied into the night with our close friends in full costume. Yay for our annual Halloween festivities! I'll also share the details of the couples costume idea that Joe and I went with!  And stepping back about two weeks ago, my two best friends, my sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law hosted an incredible baby shower for us. We had so much fun and couldn't have asked for more.

Sleep: For as tired as I am, you'd think I would be sleeping like a champ. Unfortunately, that just isn't so and I've been having a hard time staying asleep throughout the night and then waking up incredibly early. Practice for the real deal?

Gender: A little man cub <3

Movement: The last day or so, Jasper has been much less active than usual. I'm hoping this means that he has finally 'engaged' and is getting ready to make his arrival. I still get panicky though. Luckily, Joe seems to have the magic touch (rather, voice) and Jasper almost always will immediately respond to him. I'm chopped liver evidently haha.

Looking forward to: The next four weeks flying by. I have never wanted anything as bad as wanting to finally hold him. I know I should be embracing these last few childless weeks, and despite knowing that we're not yet ready (I mean, we're still knee deep in renovations at the fixer-upper), I can't help but want him to be here already.

Food cravings: Mehhh. I'm not super in love with food right now. I am purely eating out of necessity most days. If I were to say I was craving anything, it'd probably be apples, cereal, and clam chowder but it's probably more along the lines of those foods being ones I've always enjoyed.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm not sure if it's truly related but cramps have made me sick - I have had two days so far where the cramps have been so bad I get nauseous but aside from that, I'm good. Cold water does seem to give me heartburn though... how is that even possible?

Labor Signs: Just the cramps but I'm not sure that's even related to labor. I guess I should bring that up to the OB today...

What I miss: I miss feeling beautiful to be honest. I know that's an incredibly vain thing to say and truly love being pregnant and am soooo grateful for Jasper. It's just gnawing at me sometimes. People compliment me all the time with 'you are just too cute' and 'wow you are pretty for being so pregnant' but all in all, even when I feel good, I feel big. (Just an FYI, those come off as back-handed. No grown woman wants to be called cute or pretty.) I am trying to enjoy this period of 'bigdom' because I know that as soon as this baby is out, society expects you to be slim and perfect once again.

Symptoms: From the get go, swelling has undoubtedly been the symptom that has plagued me the most. As the pregnancy progresses, that's still the case without a doubt. My legs are like tree trunks. The other night, I convinced myself that it was all in my head. That was fine and dandy until the next morning when I tried to zip up my favorite riding boots and couldn't. Other symptoms include extreme pelvic pain, heart burn, and waddling (haha).

Nursery: There was a bit of a disastrous ceiling leak in Jasper's nursery at the fixer-upper last week that I'd prefer to forget. We have to get that fixed before we can even consider moving anything into the room and finishing it up. Since we'll still be at our current house when J is born, I finally began setting up his space in the sitting area within our bedroom. I'm so thankful to my SIL and BIL for sharing their bassinet with us because I'd hate to have to assemble, disassemble, and reassemble an entire crib in a few short weeks.

Belly button in or out? In, but barely.

Wedding rings on or off? On. My fingers are definitely starting to puff up but I can generally twist my rings on and off so I'm not going to worry just yet.

Mood: Each day is it's own. Sometimes I'm overly happy, but most days I'm just 'okay' but that's fine with me. I think I'm getting to the point where I'm exhausted and any extreme emotion is too much work. True story.

Workouts: Ha.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Your little man is almost here and you will forget all about how hard the end of pregnancy is because you will be too busy with your little guy

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...