Tuesday, July 9, 2013

DIY Glitter & Flower Corsages

There are still so many little projects to share from the bridal shower so I hope you didn't think I was done just yet haha. 

I love that wedding season is here because so many are planning a shower, being a guest to one (or ten), or even planning their own wedding. I so fervently miss the days of wedding planning (but boy oh boy am I also so grateful that I'm done!) When the Mr. and I got married almost two years ago, before I even knew what a blog was, I had made fabric boutonnieres for our wedding. I loved making them and thought a set of corsages for the bridal shower (for the bride, bridesmaids, and mothers) would be an appreciated detail. 

These glittered corsages are what I came up with!

Pink and fabulous for the bride and white for everyone else! These were so easy to put together and you can  create a bunch in less than an hour. 
Start with pre-made silk boutonnieres. Or if you're like me and don't mind a little trial and error, grab some silk flowers, faux berries, and random bits of foliage. Trim them up, arrange them, and wrap the stems tightly with floral tape. I realize I didn't do a tutorial for this step, but there are a ton of videos on YouTube (it's much easier to understand if you watch it being done!)

I also tied some candy colored ribbons to the brides corsage to add some extra pizzazz. 

1. Start with finished silk boutonnieres
2. Cut out 2-3" circles from glittered chipboard or heavy-duty cardstock
3. Hot glue the glittered circle to the back of the boutonniere (glittered side up)
4. Hot glue a pin back to the reverse side of the card stock, at the top of the circle

And, with that, you're done. 

The glitter doesn't just add a fun element, it's also practical as it serves as a foundation for the corsage. It will lay flat on your clothes and won't tug at your outfit. But let's be real -- it's glittered! What's not to love?!

 See that beautiful mother of the bride sporting her corsage?


I'm linking to:

2 comments:

  1. These are cute - love the ribbons! We don't really have corsages here in Germany (just a boutonniere for a really fancy groom), but I don't really know why.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jess....beautiful corsages!

    Hope all is well with you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...