Saturday, April 6, 2013

DIY Faux Enamel Earrings

I have finally begun to work through the odds and ends in my Pick Your Plum grab box! I got a couple baggies of jewelry findings and decided to make a deceptively simple pair of faux enamel earrings.


For this project you will need: filigree medallions, earring hooks, and Martha Stewart liquid fill glass paint. I had a ton of the glass paint leftover from my Mason Jar Photo Frame so I was glad to use some in an unexpected way.

1. Start with clean filigree pendants on a flat surface.
2. Using your liquid fill glass paints, start filling in the indented spaces (normally meant for jewels or cabochons)
3. Continue painting until all of the spaces are filled. Let dry.

4. After the first layer dries, paint between two and three more layers (allowing the color to dry in between coats). This is because the pain tends to settle as it dries so it's important that you layer it on to get the true enamel look.
5. Once everything is dry, attach a wire earring hook to each pendant with a pair of pliers
And with that, you have a fancy new pair of earrings.

With the look and shine of enamel, these little ladies will definitely dress up your  most casual of outfits throughout the Spring and Summer. Enjoy!


I'd love to hear how you would use up the liquid fill glass paints (because I still have a ton left). Spill it!


I'm linking to:

7 comments:

  1. There are super cute! I love a simple jewelry project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing better than cute and simple, that's for sure! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Christine!!

      xx Jess

      Delete
  2. Cute, now you're ready for spring and summer! No sign of it here, though!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so easy. Just might have to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I would have no idea how to use the glass paint up, either...but I certainly wouldn't have thought of this!

    Brooke - DesignedByBH.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful earrings!!! I would absolutely wear these!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-27_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I love big earrings like these. What a great and easy project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...