Sunday, March 31, 2013

Menswear Easter Bunny - Tutorial

Happy Easter, everyone! This post was originally posted Easter of 2012, but since the blog has grown quite tremendously since then, I thought it deserved another shot at the big time :) Enjoy!

"We're going to be seeing the in-laws later this afternoon and I cannot wait to see our nephew. Julian is a bit shy of 2 years old and such a little cutie. His parents are trying to limit his candy intake, so rather than a normal chocolate bunny, I decided it would be nice to make him a teeny tiny stuffed animal -- perfect for his little hands.


It seems like those stuffed peep bunnies are all the rage but personally, I don't like to gift something that is so holiday-centric. It's like giving someone a stocking on Christmas... it's thoughtful, but what do you do with it for the next year?? I was toying with making my own pattern but figured I'd search around a bit to see if there were any cutesy bunnies hopping around on the web. I ended up finding this great tutorial on Revoluzzza for a super simple bunny (probably took me all of 20 minutes to do) and it doesn't scream Easter... just whispers it :)

As you'll see by the link, she used some really poppy prints, but since this was for the little guy, I wanted something a bit masculine. Luckily for me, the Mr. was going to trash some really hunky dress shirts and I was able to grab a great gray and white striped number.

Close up of the print: 

I honestly followed the tutorial pretty much exactly. The only difference was that I embroidered happy eyes and added a button nose on the white felt face. Rather than using a blanket stitch to hand-stitch the face to the body, I used a similar stitch on my machine.

Hopefully he loves it! I think it's oh so cute. What do you think?


I'm linking to:

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I have a couple of dress shirts that I saved from being thrown out and are now waiting for their final destiny. Maybe I can make something cute like that, just not for Easter because I definitely missed the time frame for it ;-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...