Thursday, January 24, 2013

5-Minute Weeknight Dinner - French Bread Pizza

Do you have a go to meal when you're in a time crunch? Ours used to be pasta until the Mr. dropped a bombshell revelation on me a couple of years ago... he hates pasta. GASP! I know. My new favorite is French bread pizza. It's such a breeze, can be customized to your liking, and let's face it, it's super flippin delicious.



My absolute favorite combo is a good ol' pepperoni and cheese! It really can't get any easier than that.


  1. Preheat your oven to 400
  2. Slice your bread loaf straight down the middle
  3. Pull out a bit of the inner bread (to create a slight cavity)
  4. Spoon in some pizza sauce
  5. Sprinkle on an Italian blend of cheese
  6. Then add your favorite toppings (think: pepperoni, cooked sausage, onions, mushrooms, olives, bacon, etc.)
  7. Throw in the oven on a middle rack, turn off the heat and turn on the broiler on low
  8. Broil for 5 minutes and you are ready to dig in
YUM!


Sure, it's not the best diet food but to be honest, you have to give in every once in awhile. Want something a little bit different than a "normal" pizza, try one of these tasty alternatives!


(clockwise from the top left)
Chicken Alfredo & Pesto Pizza via Spoonful
Peach, Basil & Brie Pizza via Ambitious Kitchen
Pesto & Sun Dried Tomato Pizza via Oh My Veggies
Sausage Alfredo Pizza via Hows It Taste
Taco Pizza via Cassie Craves
Buffalo Chicken Pizza via How Sweet It Is
Leftover Veggie Pizza via Peas & Crayons
Spinach-Artichoke Pizza via Rachel Ray Mag


I'll be working a bit late today, so you can guess (with the utmost certainty) that we'll be having these for dinner tonight! Now, spill it. What is your go-to, crowd-pleasing, super easy weeknight meal? I want to know!
If your mouth is watering, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect. There are plenty of other simple tutorials and tongue tingling recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

I'm linking to:

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites, I make it all the time. (Okay, this makes me sound like the lamest cook ever, which I am. But still ;-)

    My secret ingredient is using a hot sauce (maybe with some curry in it) instead of pizza sauce - makes it the most awesome meal in the entire world (and the easiest, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I love this pizza idea and use it myself....boy do I fancy that now! Great tip Anja"

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...