Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pecan, Pumpkin and Ricotta Quick Bread

When it gets cooler, the first thing I like to do (besides pulling out my snuggie) is baking. Nothing marks the change of the seasons quite like filling the house with the aromas of warm baked goodies. Yesterday, I grabbed the last mix I had from our Williams-Sonoma shopping trip and threw together this delight: Pecan,  Pumpkin & Ricotta Swirled Quick Bread. Geez, that's definitely a mouthful (and a delicious one at that!).



Yep, this is a QUICK bread. No yeast, no waiting, no nothing. I highly suggest you make this in a jiffy. Yep, I said that.

Butter Pecan Bread Mix (Williams-Sonoma)
2 eggs
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup water
 -------------------------------------------------------
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 can of pumpkin puree
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 

1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan
3. In one mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy, add powdered mix, 2 eggs, and water.
4. In the second mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, sugars, pumpkin, flour, and spices. Fold together until smooth.
5. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the loaf pan
6. Spoon in the pumpkin-ricotta mixture on next
7. Top it off with the remaining half of batter
8. Stir everything together to swirl the mixtures 
9. (optional) Sprinkle Sugar in the Raw over the batter
10. Bake for 55-65 minutes until cooked through
11. Serve warm or at room temperature

I honestly can't get over how good this is. You have to try it for yourself!


The ricotta makes this bread moist and almost cake like. It's so yummy and decadent; you'll feel like you're doing something illegal when you steal a couple of bites for breakfast! I could have eaten the whole loaf by myself if the Mr. hadn't specifically asked me to save some for him haha. 




If you liked this project, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 
I'm linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds yummy. Too bad they don't sell these mixes in Germany - but maybe I can fashion something as a base. Is it a sweet or a savory bread mix?

    Love the cute individual bread slices, they would look stunning on any buffet!

    PS The good thing about baking in fall is not just the aroma, it's also standing in front of the hot oven! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,

    Wow, that bread looks so yummy.

    I finally finished one of the Halloween bags and a Fabric purse which I listed in my shop http://laurabelle.artfire.com and on FB Page.

    I really don't know where I found the time to even complete that because I am packing up someone's apartment and watching her two cats because she had to leave on short notice to teach overseas.:)

    So by the time I get home, and I don't have a car, I am pretty tired, and that is why I can't believe I even did a couple of loads of washing and some sewing.:)

    Baking a Quick bread?.....Not today.:) But, I am definitely keeping this close because I do want to try this one.

    Thank you again Jess for your wonderful blog and all the things you put on it to share with your followers.

    Have a warm hug of a day.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...