Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How NOT to Make Zucchini Chips

I've got my fingers crossed that in a few months you're going to notice a big change around here... me! I started Weight Watchers last week to overhaul my unhealthy habits and am feeling super motivated. I'm excited because I'm actually enjoying the program and not at all overwhelmed. How could I not be happy when I already lost two pounds?! Only thirty more to go haha!

There are so many recipes online that I thought would be great alternatives to my normal not-so-good-for-you favorites. The first one I wanted to try was for zucchini chips because I could eat crackers/chips all day long if I was allowed. I don't crave chocolate or cake but I do like me some salty cheesy goodness.

Well, it turns out that maybe I'm better suited to making mac n' cheese muffins and peanut butter pretzel bites than the healthy stuff. Take a look:




Yeah, that's what you call an epic fail. 

Turns out that when you forget about the chips, they will burn to a crisp. Who woulda thunk it? Whoops! I'll definitely try these again though because even when they were charred, they looked almost yummy.

Have you ever severely screwed up a recipe? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Please consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect for projects, simple tutorials, and delicious recipes (that I haven't screwed up!) Also, did you know we have a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun. 

I'm linking to:

4 comments:

  1. lol Too cute. :)
    I have done that...especially if I put something on the stove or in the oven and go to check emails, or blogs...I get so engrossed in the computer I forget I have something cooking! So, no...you are not the only one.
    And good for you!! 2 pounds your first week!!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I have never been browsing Pinterest and forgot about my banana muffins until I smelled burning. Nope, sorry, I can't relate! HA! Great first week, keep it up!
    Stacia @http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that happen when I tried making zucchini chips. I felt so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! Try again! I made them and I love them :) Maybe set the timer? lol

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...