Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Crispix Mix


Tomorrow is Bring Your Daughter to Work Day! I"m really excited because even though I can't bring Aubrey (BOO!!!), there will be a few little ones hanging around the office and I love the kiddies. Even better yet is they aren't mine so I get to load em up on sweet treats, tee-hee!

My inspiration came from these Funfetti Chex Buddies that I found on Pinterest (where else?) Unlike the rest of the world, I hate funfetti cake. Well, honestly, I don't think I like any cakes... I'm a cookie girl for sure. I went the chocolate chip cookie dough route and this is what I got:
How scrumptious? Can you believe those are CRISPIX and not little mini cookies?!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of white melting chips (at the bulk food section this was 3/4 of a pound)
  • 6 cups of Crispix (feel free use Chex, I just prefer the shape of Crispix more)
  • 3/4 cup of powdered chocolate chip cookie dough mix (most pouches have at least 2 cups)
  • 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips


Directions:
  1. Using a double boiler, melt the white melting chips until smooth
  2. Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal in a large mixing bowl
  3. Carefully mix together until the cereal pieces are coated in the white chocolate
  4. Add the mini chocolate chips and stir until combined (they will stick better if you mix them in at this step)
  5. Sprinkle the cookie dough mix over the pieces and stir until completely coated
  6. Chill in the fridge for about 6 minutes and store in a sealed container
They are super duper sweet and incredibly addictive. Whip them up and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts or questions. You make my day!

xo Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...